- Trend - Every IPO has had a pop. CME, NDAQ after going public. Advantage NYX.
- Size - The market cap of all securities listed in NYX is 20+ trillion. NDAQ is 2.2 trillion. NYX market cap is four times that of NDAQ. Advantage NYX.
- Revenues - NDAQ recovered after years of stagnant/declining growth after buying INET and others. NYX has had steady revenues and Archipelago is gaining market share. Advantage NYX.
- Stock dilution - NYX former seat holders will oppose significant dilution by acquisitions without adding value. Advantage NYX.
- Listing companies - NDAQ fees are lower. Advantage NDAQ.
- Cost cutting upside - NYX has been a non profit. ( Grasso's pay excess is one example ). More opportunities to cut costs to make it a leaner organization. Advantage NYX.
- Moving the big board to electronic trade - neutral for the moment.
- Valuation - Difficult to put proper numbers around NYX right now - neutral for the moment.
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Here are some comparisons between NDAQ and NYX. ( my opinion ofcourse ) Do you have other points?
Posted by stocktrader07 at 5:37 AM